Thursday, March 29, 2012

Grandma Could Have Been a Great Drummer

My younger brother lived with my grandparents for a while. Some weekends I would go to stay with my grandparents so we could play together. Greg's life was different than what I was used to. He was allowed to drink coffee. A kid drinking coffee, wow. My grandfather used to say "Coffee puts hair on your chest". I'd have to check to see if Greg actually has hair on his chest. I don't think so. We were also told that bacon comes from a monkey's tail. I'm not sure why he told us that one. Probably so we wouldn't want to eat up all the bacon. It didn't work.
Occasionally I would stay over on a week day. This was especially cool because my grandmother would let us stay home from school if we wanted. We'd stay home from school and play Greg's drums all morning. My grandparents lived in an apartment right above a doctors office. In the back of the apartment was a school (not the school we went to). One day we decided we would grab a few eggs from the refrigerator and throw them at the school kids through the apartment window. It was too much fun, we cleared a whole dozen eggs. "What happened to all my eggs!!!???" "Greg, Mick, you better tell me what happened to those g** d*** eggs!!???" There was a knock on the door. It was an officer from the school in the back of the house. "Eggs were seen flying from your window ma'am." My grandmother could have been a great drummer. She sure knew how to beat the hell out of two knuckle heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment